Detailed Drawings for Operational Use
The best vehicle line drawings feature accurate representations showing all important design details, yet leaving sufficient room for staff to mark areas that require attention.
These drawings are intended for intra-organizational purposes. They can be added to or accompany an inspection form to illustrate repairs needed and/or used for training purposes. They can also aid in the creation of a new paint scheme or bus wrap.
Provide photos you would like converted to line art, describe which details are important, indicate the image’s end use (so we can work at the proper resolution) and we’ll do the rest. Finished artwork can be provided in a variety of formats including .ai, .eps, .pdf, .psd, .jpg, .gif.
Photo specs and tips
For optimum results, follow these photo guidelines:
- Shoot several pictures from each side and experiment with settings.
- Shoot from eye level while standing opposite the middle of the vehicle, 50 feet or more away.
- Backgrounds should be neutral to contrast with the vehicle.
- Shoot with the sun at your back and low in the sky (early morning/early evening.) Or, shoot on overcast days when light is diffuse.
- Avoid shadows on vehicle if possible.
- Set image resolution to 5 to 10 megapixels.
- Check your photos on a monitor and select the best images.